Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Men's Gathering

I went to a Narcotics Anonymous men's retreat last weekend.  It was amazing.  The weekend consisted of a beautiful location, lots of great food, and a fireside speaker meeting.  There weren't dozens of workshops and meetings to go to.  Just a chance to spend time with other men who are on a spiritual path.  I had the opportunity to play guitar with a friend.  Had the opportunity to stay up until three talking with another man. 

So what's the take away?  Spending a weekend in the woods with a bunch of guys, many of whom were tough ex-cons, all of whom were ex-drug addicts.  The value of the experience lay in taking time to learn to love and accept love from other men.  Something our society doesn't value and certainly present many opportunities to practice.

I had a great weekend.  I came home refreshed and excited to resume my life as a family man and a small farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment