Saturday, September 7, 2013

Caffeine...and now tobacco

I didn't really ever plan on quitting tobacco.  I love tobacco.  I love growing it, chewing it, smoking fine cigars.  Then we hit a financial wall and decided that tobacco just wasn't in the budget.  Just like that I quit cold turkey.  Of course it didn't turn out to be that simple.  Just when I was thinking, "gee, this isn't all that hard", I took the change jar and bought two tins of Copenhagen.  I thought it would be fun to chew tobacco, drink iced tea, and stay up all night watching a movie.  Wrong on all counts.

On the plus side, I've been really regular about taking my medication.  I've been fairly symptom free as far as the bipolar goes.  Still on the plus side I've been sober off of alcohol and other drugs. 

I carried a meeting into a treatment facility the other night.  It was a really rewarding experience.  I don't think the clients at the treatment center were there voluntarily, but some of them seemed interested in our message of hope.  The promise of freedom from active addiction.

Well short entry, but that's it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment